Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Career Counseling

So I have been wondering how big career counseling is in the elementary school level. The counselor at our school delivered one guidance lesson over it last school year, but nothing this school year. (I just want to add that I am in no way saying that she does not do what she is supposed to. I feel that she is just not given the time to do everything that she is supposed to. She is great!)

How much do high school counselors also put into this? Has it changed since I was in high school (about 13 years ago)? Because I do not remember getting much help in this area.

I personally think career counseling is very important to motivate the students toward a goal. I talk about it in class all the time and I do see students form interests and become curious about their futures. It is especially exciting to see 4th grade boys talking about the definite chance that they will be going to college when at the beginning of the year they would just shrug their shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment